The Head of Business Services & Compliance will underpin and enable the strategic and operational ambitions of the business.
The successful candidate will anticipate, plan, and project manage major change management initiatives across core business functions and be responsible for monitoring, measuring, and reporting on impact and future opportunities. They will also be responsible for imbedding core disciplines and governance initiatives within the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead on business transformation activities ensuring that the impact of change has been assessed and an implementation plan agreed with internal stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives to improve efficiencies and productivity across the business
- Establish a culture and systems that emphasise our commitment to good business governance, risk and controls
- Establish and maintain a risk management framework, ensuring risks are identified, managed and mitigated
- Ensure that the processes and working environment for the organisation are effective
- Project management of internal projects within agreed budgets and timescales
- Lead on the development of an IT, data & security strategy that meets the priorities of the business
- Lead strategic planning reviews of data security, tools, systems, and processes to achieve business goals
- Lead and develop a cross-functional multi-site team covering the following functions:
- Data, IT & Security
- Quality Management
- Warehousing & Assets
- Health & Safety
- Change (incl. internal Project Management)
- Risk & Compliance
- Business Continuity
- Establish technical and operational standards, policy, and governance to ensure adherence including ISO certification. Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, regulatory and general duty of care
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and KPIs for measuring and reporting on operational planning, management, and expenditure
- Stakeholder management - communication with functional/departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs supported by group operations ensuring they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
- Promoting and ensuring health and safety in the business including across projects
- Lead on business transformation activities associated with mergers and/or acquisitions
- Oversight of business continuity planning and regular testing
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of leading an internal support and/or governance function within a face paced environment
- Experience of developing and leading a business IT strategy
- Experience of managing ISO and other quality / business standards (e.g. Cyber Essentials)
- Extensive project management and change management experience
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to motivate and encourage a collaborative environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of supporting mergers and acquisitions (e.g. internal systems and processes alignment) into a growing business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Previous experience of working in the events industry or similar environment
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All job applicants, employees and others who work for us will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds. Decisions about recruitment and selection, promotion, training or any other benefit will be made objectively and without unlawful discrimination. We recognise that the provision of equal opportunities in the workplace is not only good management practice, it also makes sound business sense. This policy will help all those who work for us to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilised fully to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.